Saturday, November 15, 2014

Game Changer

This week was a little disappointing.  I didn't get into the program that I wanted to and I didn't do very well on some tests that I took.  I was feeling pretty low but after talking to my dad and a couple of friends, I realized that these things were hard but I still had a good plan to move forward.  Even though my plan wasn't working out the exact way I wanted it to, I still had a back-up plan that actually works out a lot better for me and helps me to magnify my talents.  Also, after talking to my dad I realized that my back-up plan is a better option for me and will help me out in much better ways then the first thing that I wanted to do.  I learned that I need to realize to take these so-called game changers and move along with them in a better direction.

We are all going to have these types of things in our life.  Things don't always go the way we want it to so we need to be positive and take those types of things in stride and use them to our advantage.  When we do that, we realize that those things helped us to realize that our second option was better for us than the thing we really wanted.  We can't get down on ourselves and stop moving forward.  If we do that, we won't get anywhere and we will lose ground.  But by taking those hard things with a positive attitude, we will make lemonade out of the lemons that are handed to us.

I am going to start taking these game changers and using them to my advantage.  Just like I took the disappointment this week and made it better, I am going to try and do that for everything that comes my way.  It won't be easy by any means, but it will be worth every second.  I know everything happens for a reason and if we all believe that, we will be able to live a happy life.  So let us all take these game changers in our life and turn them into a great opportunity.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about that ya bud!! Things like that always happen in life, and I guess that it's always best to be on the tips of your toes. But I know that there's a plan for each of us, and no matter what happens, if we work hard, we are going to get where we need to. I hope that everything works out for you. From one brotha to anotha - Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like you said man, use the changes to your advantage. Sometimes what starts out as a major disappointment can later pale in comparison to a triumphant victory. Hang in there buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This relates a lot to the 90/10 rule that I blogged about. I know the feeling!! Just remember that we cannot control the 10% but we can control the way we react. We can turn it into something positive if we choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There have been specific events in my life that have not gone according to plan but have definitely ended up for the better. It's interesting how sometimes in the moment, we can't quite pick out a reason why we may be experiencing this problem. However, in the future it always works out! I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete