Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving

Being grateful is something that a lot of times comes in short supply.  Several times in my life, I have felt that I have been very ungrateful for things that I have and the people I have in my life.  During this thanksgiving week, it has really helped me to realize the importance of being thankful for everything in my life.  Being in Las Vegas this weekend with my family opened my eyes to how grateful I really am for all they do for me in my life.  Being grateful isn't an easy thing.  You have to humble yourself and really open your eyes to everything around you.  The Lord has blessed each one of us so much and if we humble ourselves and are more grateful, then the Lord will bless us even more than He already has.

It is important to be grateful because everything we have was given to us by the Lord.  The Lord loves us so much and He is more than willing to bless us and give us whatever we need.  He just wants us to recognize His hand in everything that happens.  Being grateful is a sign of how humble we are because if we are grateful, then we recognize the Lord's hand in our life and we recognize the help of other people.

Now I am going to do my best to be more grateful in my life.  I want to be able to recognize the Lord's hand in my life.  Also, I want to be able to be grateful to all the other people in my life especially my family.  This Thanksgiving season reopened my eyes to the importance of gratitude and how it can make our lives better in every aspect.  I want to do my best to be more grateful so I can be humble.  I am going to remember to thank everyone that comes into my life.  I urge everyone to be a little bit more grateful this holiday season so we can all recognize the great things we have in life.

2 comments:

  1. Craig, you're right on the money. The key of gratitude is humility and awareness. When we can reach that point, we go from being grateful for "things" to being grateful in all things, regardless of our circumstances. In fact, more than anything, gratitude is an exercise of our faith and agency as we choose to be grateful even when we may not be sure why. It certainly helps life to pass along more smoothly and happily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the video you posted. Being grateful for our blessings allows us to recognize God's hand in our lives, and in turn we feel His love. I also really liked President Uchtdorf's talk recently where he teaches us that gratitude is less about recognizing specific "things" God has given us, and to have more an "attitude of gratitude" regardless of the "things" in our lives. Thanks Craig for your Thanksgiving reminder!

    ReplyDelete