Saturday, November 1, 2014

Myself and Others

This past week, I have struggled a lot with being selfish.  I have been selfish towards other people with how I have been acting.  I haven't really thought about other people's feelings.  I have been looking inward instead of searching for ways to help and serve others.  I haven't been very kind to anyone. Because of this I feel that life has been much harder.  I remember times on my mission when I was doing everything I could to serve other people and my life was still hard but I had a lot of help from the Lord.  I learned this week that if we do our best to serve others, then the Lord will give his helping hand in our lives.

Many times in my life I have come to know that concept the hard way. This concept is so important because we can't go through life without help. Whether that help be from the Lord or from other people. If we serve others, we could be an instrument in the Lord's hands to help another one of his children. We could be the answer to someone's prayers. The more we serve other people, the more love we have for others and the less we judge them.

I am going to make it a goal to start thinking more of others and less of myself. One of my MTC teachers gave us a challenge for when we returned from our missions and that challenge was to think about others before we thought about ourselves every morning that we got out of bed. I haven't done very well with this challenge so I am going to start putting it into practice and I know I will be blessed and I know I could be a means of helping someone else.

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with some of the same things. I work hard on that as well. When I wake up in the morning, I try to think about the ways that I can help others before thinking of my sometimes selfish needs. I notice that when I start the day off thinking of others, I tend to be much happier throughout the day.

    PS. I bet Chelsi Welsi would be willing to help you wherever she can too.

    ReplyDelete