Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Online Interview

After participating in the online interview, I found out that I have a lot to work on.  I get really nervous for things like that, even if, they are just mock interviews.  I need to learn to calm myself and be able to speak clearly and not use filler words.  During the interview, I used "so like" a lot of times and I need to be more confident in myself so I don't use things like that to fill in.  Also, one thing that is super important is making sure that the internet connection is good.  Doing our interview it was freezing a lot and sometimes it was hard to know what the other person was saying.  So for a real interview, I need to make sure I have a good internet connection so it doesn't freeze like that.

I did a good job with dressing professionally, having a good background, and using good PAR stories.  Sometimes I felt a little jumbled with my own PAR stories and I didn't really know where I was going with it.  I need to settle down and just answer the question.  One thing my partner suggested is that I make sure I have a good reason and explanation of why I want the job that I am applying for.  I need to do more research on the jobs I apply for and have good questions for the interviewer at the end.  I haven't had much experience with interviews in my life but as I move forward and do these mock interviews, I see things that I need to work on and things that will help me to be more successful in interviews.  I have a lot I need to work on and a lot I need to do to prepare myself for a real interview but I am willing to do my best to succeed in this area of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment