Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Networking Event with Needle

About a week ago, I was able to attend a networking event with the company Needle.  I was able to meet and talk with all the major executives of the company.  Specifically, I met Scott Pulsipher, COO, Mike Montour, SVP/Sales, and Morgan Lynch, CEO.  I exchanged numbers and had great conversations with all of them.  I was able to talk to them about their company and what they do.  I learned a lot about networking and why it is important.  After talking with them, I realized that most of them got that job, where they are at today, because they knew someone who helped them to get the job.  I learned that networking is huge in today's world if you want to be able to have a lot of opportunities and chances to work in various different companies and positions within those companies.

This was important to me because in just a couple of years, I will be looking for a career and now I  have more contacts to refer myself to in order to look at all my opportunities.  Networking is important because you can't always do everything on your own,  a lot of times you need help from an outside source and the people you know can give you that help so that you can have the best opportunity that is possible.

After attending that event, It really got me excited to network with people.  So now, I am going to go to a lot more networking events with different companies and organizations so I can get to know a lot of people and make connections with people all over the U.S. and maybe even the world.  The more connected we are in this day and age, the more well off we will be.  I am going make a much greater effort to network and get to know a lot of different people in a lot of different areas.  It isn't what you know, it is who you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment