This week I learned all about time management. I was having a hard time managing my school work, my job, and my social life. Because of this, I have been talking a lot with my dad and he was given me a lot of suggestions of what I should do to be able to get everything done in a timely manner and what I should make my priorities.
This is important because I need to be able to get my school work done and get good grades. I have already procrastinated a lot of assignments and it has been very stressful. I need to eliminate the stress by putting these things into practice. We all need to be able to manage our time effectively because that is one of the most needed skills by college students but it is the one most lacked by college students.
I am going to put these things in practice right now during this next week so that I can better prepare myself for the things in life. I am going to do this by making a little schedule of assignments and things that are due, by doing my homework before I go out with friends (even if it means staying on campus and doing homework in the library), and by using a schedule to put things down that I need to complete first before I do anything else. Also, I am going to list my priorities on a piece of paper so that I can make sure I do those things first. I know it will be difficult but if I want to be successful, I know that I need to develop this skill.
Yeah Craig, I feel like we're all victims of poor, personal time-management, at least at some point or another. I think that your idea of even "staying on campus" is fantastic. It's nice to see some good ideas to such a common problem.
ReplyDeleteCraig I think that we all struggle to find the correct balance in our lives with how to split up our time. That is one of the most fundamental things though to having a happy life. People that focus so much on their work that they don't do the things that they love most are missing out. But like you said there are important things that we all need to get done. So good luck in this next week with getting it all done, I hope you see the difference.
ReplyDeleteLast week I worked some 50 hours and did school. Clearly my school work took a hit. I know that time is one of the most valuable things we have and all too often we waste it. There are many things in this world that we can lose but gain back if we really try. If we lose money we can earn more. If we lose a friend we can apologize. The same is not true for time. Once we lose it, it is gone and there is no way to earn it back. We have to make the best of our time and use it for the things of most importance. Thanks for the reminder that we can and need to find a balance.
ReplyDelete